- Pick up your bib by 1.30 PM on Saturday from Töölö Sports Hall! Arrive early enough and enjoy the expo! It´s open to the public so you can bring friends and family too!
- Prepare for the run either at home (hotel) or change your running clothes in the tents behind Telia 5G-areena.
- Take your gear to the Helsinki City Marathon guarded bag check area well before the start time! The back check area is located at the Bollis 6-field next to Telia 5G-arena. It will be open from 12pm to 9.30pm on the event day! All left items must be placed inside the official HCM gear check bag given at the competition office.
- Check that your bib number is securely fastened to the front of your running outfit with the safety pins provided with your bib number.
- Final visit to the porta potty! Luckily there are lots of them in the start area!
- Move to start area at Mäntymäentie at least 15 minutes before the start time. Find your spot and look for the pace makers if you want to run with them. Enjoy the atmosphere and music before the start!
- At 3pm it´s time to run! Good luck and enjoy the beautiful sights of Helsinki! We will see you at the finish line!
ON the ROUTE
- There are fourteen (14) refreshment stations along the route and a few cheering points! Enjoy the refreshments provided and get some extra pep in your step from the crowds!
- Throw your trash to the garbage bins, thank you!
- Smile when you see cameras! Marathonfoto´s photographers will be taking pictures along the route!
- In case you need to drop out from the race, there is transportation organised from each of the refreshment station to the finish.
At the FINISH LINE
- YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations!
- Keep moving. Get your medal and keep walking for at least 10 minutes to fend off stiffness! Be sure to do some postrace recovery stretches.
- Refuel with the post-race snacks!
- Get warm! Get into dry clothes as soon as possible.
- Remember to collect your gear check bag!
- Take a picture and post it on social media with the official event hashtags #hcm2018 #helsinkicitymarathon #hcrd2018 #helsinkicityrunningday
Later in the evening
- Welcome to the Helsinki City Running Day official after party at Apollo Live Club! Runners will get a free entry before 12pm by showing their medal at the entrance. The age limit is 20.See you there!